Friday, December 18, 2015

Taste of Magic! Pomegranate-Jeweled Cheese Ball

Hello, lovelies! I didn't do Taste of Magic last month since I was heading out of town and being a slacker, but I'm back just in time for final holiday parties to give you a delicious appetizer recipe. It's SOOO good, you guys. You'll swoon. Earth will shift on its axis. Ha, so here it is!

White Cheddar Rosemary Pomegranate-Jeweled Cheese Ball!!

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Fresh rosemary leaves (to taste)
1 1/2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
6 ounces grated sharp white cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup pomegranate arils (you can buy them at Trader Joes in a little container - trying to de-seed a real pomegranate is the biggest pain ever)
Crackers for serving

Directions:

  1. Melt the butter in a skillet and toss in rosemary. You want the rosemary to let off its oils, but don't let the butter burn or the rosemary get crispy.
  2. In a bowl with a mixer, food processor or fingers, mix the cream cheese and cheddar. This is why cream cheese should be soft, so it doesn't jam up.
  3. Add the butter/rosemary deliciousness and the salt and pepper.
  4. After it's all mixed well, roll it into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
  5. Pour your pom seeds out on some paper towels and carefully pat off any moisture, but don't squish them.
  6. After your cheese has set for 30 minutes, transfer the pom seeds to a large plate and carefully roll the cheese ball in the seeds until it's covered. You'll probably have to pat some of them into place after you roll it a couple times to fill in gaps.
  7. Serve with crackers and a little cheese spreader. Yum!!!
  8. Be prepared for your guests to worship you. 
I adapted this recipe from here. As you can see, you can use sage or another herb instead of rosemary, and add nuts if you want. 

As for my writing taste for the month, click here to read my short story A Very Zyan Christmas, which won first place in the Geekdom House short story contest!

I hope everyone has a beautiful and glorious holiday. TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy New Year! I'm lactose intolerant, so I'll have to skip this, but I sent it to my better half!

    ReplyDelete

I love talking with friends new and old! What's on your mind?